Saturday, October 3, 2009

O Canada! Support our Olympic athletes in style


When you think Team Canada Olympic apparel, fleece and unsightly sweatpant/sweatshirt combinations are probably the first items that come to mind, right? Well not this year, my friends. It seems that Vancouver 2010 has inspired HBC to get their act together and produce clothing that Canadian athletes and supporters will be proud to wear come February. I'll leave it up to you blogosphere folk to judge, but I am absolutely in love with the Olympic collection, especially these red mittens (pictured above). The net proceeds from the purchase of these totally adorable mittens goes towards supporting Canadian athletes, and they're only $10.00! I can't wait to get my hands on, or I suppose in, these! Here are a few other pieces from the collection that I really like:


I love this chunky knit sweater with the moose and maple leaf pattern, it's so kitschy and unabashedly Canadian. The long-sleeved henley tee and the black short-sleeved "True North Strong and Free" tee are perfect for layering and the parka and hat are quintessential for keeping warm on those chilly Whistler slopes or in the crowd at GM Place while cheering on Canada's gold medal hopefuls. I think it is safe to say that The Bay will be the sole beneficiary of my next pay cheque!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog